on October 31st, 2007
Dear viewers. It has been brought to my notice that the podcast below – series one, number seven Escape to Danger/Dalek Special can cause vehicle damage and personal injury.
Especially if its being listened to on a motorway slip road. One apparently ends up facing the wrong way.
Viewers are advised that we take NO responsibility for any injury or damage to persons or possesions that may happen whilst our podcasts are being listened to.
Especially if its the bit about ‘Eddie’s Hoover Accident’….
love and kisses
Staggering Stories Podcast
on October 28th, 2007
Podcast: Download (60.0MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
For 29 October 2007 (recorded 10 October 2007)
Show summary: Andy Simpkins, Adam J Purcell, Fake Keith and Tony Gallichan talk about Doctor Who’s Daleks in time for the Dalek Masterplan mini convention on 27th October. We run through the Dalek TV and film stories, looking especially at the two Peter Cushing films, Doctor Who and the Daleks and Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150AD, and Sylvester McCoy’s Remembrance of the Daleks, plus a variety of other stuff, specifically:
- 00.00 – Intro, (ooh, scary!), and theme tune
- 00.47 — Greetings, yes?
- 02.24 — Boris!
- 03.24 — Where is Keith?
- 03.50 – Doctor Who.
- 04.38 — History Today – Remembering of the Daleks!
- 06.23 — Fake Keith and Davros, sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G.
- 08.34 — The Dead…er..The Muta…no..hang on..Um…Got it!! The Daleks!
- 09.52 — The Dalek Invasion of Earth!
- 11.53 – Doctor Who and the Daleks.
- 13.04 — Tony is REALLY sad!
- 14.42 — Tony is REALLY a big smart arse!
- 14.55 — The best line from a Dalek ever, ever in the world, ever – so there!
- 15.34 — Under the gaze of the Head
- 18.23 – Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150…AD!
- 18.46 — Tony is REALLY grumpy!
- 20.08 — So here they come, the sound of drums…
- 22.43 — Time is Rel – ative…
- 23.35 — So… it’s Ronan then, is it?
- 28.48 — The first appearance of the John Peel Band Name Game
- 31.31 — The Chase.
- 31.39 — If your wondering just what that crackling sound is, it’s Crumbly unwrapping a crumbliest, flakiest chocolate bar! Bad Crumbly!!!
- 32.42 — The Dalek Masterplan.
- 33.34 — Power and Evil of the Daleks. Yup… had lots to say about them… oopsies.
- 36.30 — Day of the Daleks.
- 38.23 — Planet of the Daleks.
- 38.54 — Keep ’em peeled….
- 41.18 — Death to the Daleks.
- 43.00 — Genesis of the Daleks – despite Crumbly trying to wedge in Spine Millington, the well known typing error…
- 45.30 — Good grief! Tony actually cracks a joke in really bad taste instead of Adam or Crumbly…
- 47.00 — Destiny of the Daleks.
- 47.35 — Tony rants against the Davros box set.
- 49.55 — Resurrection of the Daleks.
- 53.03 — Revelation of the Daleks.
- 54.34 — The Graeme Harper Appreciation Society.
- 55.51 — Tony, the Radio Times and the Head of Stengos.
- 57.11 – Rememberance of the Daleks.
- 57.58 — Run up the stai… oooh bugger!
- 59.23 — Fake Keith rants against emotional Daleks…
- 71.20 — Devious Doctor? Cue Cliffhanger!!!
- 71.36 – Letters and viewer feedback.
- 76.07 — Zquivilly!!!!!!!!
- 76.26 – End credits (ooh, even scarier!! Boogly boogly boogly!!)
Staggering Stories Podcast
on October 13th, 2007
Podcast: Download (39.4MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
For 15 October 2007 (recorded 26 September 2007)
Show summary: Andy Simpkins, Adam J Purcell, Fake Keith and Tony Gallichan talk about Doctor Who: The Green Death, the writings of Larry Niven, and a variety of other stuff, specifically:
- 00:00 – Intro and Theme Tune.
- 00:53 — Greetings, yes?
- 01:15 — Where is Keith?
- 02:19 — Podcast Drinking Game.
- 04:22 — News and Stuff.
- 06:10 — The Dalek Masterplan Play – meet us in Portsmouth on 27th October 2007.
- 08:41 – Song Lyric Callbacks.
- 09:05 – Doctor Who – The Green Death.
- 11:40 — Crumbly and The Feet.
- 15:24 — The Yoda School of Welsh.
- 17:19 — Pertweecide.
- 23:20 — Pertwee’s misdeads and the Head of Pertwee to have an outing.
- 26:54 — Jo and Cliff’s ‘Our Tune’.
- 29:10 — The Brig’s parrot impersonation.
- 29:54 — End of a relationship?
- 32:54 – Song Lyric Callbacks.
- 33:50 – Larry Niven.
- 35:49 — Known Space series and the Ringworld novel.
- 37:01 — Pierson’s Puppeteers.
- 38:32 — Kzin.
- 38:50 — Pak Protectors.
- 40:44 — Thrint.
- 44:00 – Listener feedback/letters.
- 46:06 — Genuine letters! WhoCast in a grump and Conrad Slater gets deep.
- 51:22 – Next time on the Staggering Stories Podcast.
- 52:01 – Goodbyeeeeee!!
- 52:20 — End theme, disclaimer, copyright, etc.
- plus extra goodies!
Adam J Purcell
on October 2nd, 2007
For what may be a short time only, the Cadbury’s Wispa is back!
Many people would have heard about Cadbury relenting to the Internet pressure (on the likes of MySpace, Facebook and various Internet petition sites) and agreeing to bring back the ‘Velvety Textured Milk Chocolate’ bar for a limited 23 million run.
And I have two! I haven’t dared open one yet. Can I defile the sacred Wispa wrapper? With only about a third of a bar per head of population, do I have the right? Do I risk my immortal soul by even thinking of biting into a Wispa?
Well, of course, I don’t believe I have an immortal soul, no matter how god-like Cadbury seems right now! If these 23 million sell well enough I suspect there will be a second run or, maybe, even a full return to production for the chocolate bar. It will be like the summer of 1983 all over again!
One thing I notice is that they now call them ‘Aerated Milk Chocolate Bar’ on the packaging. Not quite as interesting sounding as the ‘Velvety Textured’ they made so much of on its original launch. Describe it how they will, it had better be the same inside! I’ll have one for lunch today and let you know…