hey, guess what I found? There, hopefully if I’ve done it right, should be a vid of some kind for folks to play somewhere in this entry….you may find the music at the start familiar…well..you bloody ought to! The piece that comes in after me is ‘Doctor Who – 7 Series remix’ by Miguel F Ettema. Oddly enouguh, babel is the guy who’s tribute mixes keith got us to watch a couple of weeks ago…
For 27 August 2007 (recorded 1 August 2007)
Show summary: Andy Simpkins, Adam J Purcell and Tony Gallichan talk about memories of Sci Fi conventions of old, the City of Heroes MMO, and a variety of other stuff, specifically:
- 00:00 – Intro and theme tune
- 00:35 — Greetings, yes?
- 01:00 — Where is Keith?
- 02:27 – The Fact of Fiction – Staggering Statistics!
- 03:50 — A shock for Crumbly!
- 05:37 — Adam’s omnipresent viewings…
- 07:00 — Riker/Worf sex stories/Beverly Crusher naked in bed!
- 07:26 — Tony gets smug in a radiophonic manner (with thanks to Danny and Ian Stewart)…..
- 10:40 – Things Danes Like – Part One.
- 12:32 – History Today – Doctor Who Conventions!
- 13:36 — Adam on the good ship DWAS.
- 14:44 — Rush. Hang on, how did that get in here…?
- 16:32 — Carousel 90 (or however its bloody well spelt)
- 18:30 — Jonty and the best description of Big Brother EVER!
WARNING The next, long section of this podcast features mainly Tony in full on ‘I remember when…’ mode. If listening to him waffling on and on and bloody on about conventions doesn’t grab you – and trust us, we’re not particularly enthralled by it either – then head on to the next Things Danes Like section… we shall be..!
- 20:25 — Tony starts waffling… Carousel 90.
- 21:17 — Jacqueline Pearce and Peter Tuddenham (what a gent!)
- 22:25 — Action by HAVOC!
- 24:17 — Adam tries to get a point about Autographs and ‘celebrities’ in edgeways..!
- 24:43 — Eastercon 88… or was it 89? And the Jersey Doctor Who Fan Club.
- 26:37 — Adam tries to make his point about Autographs and ‘celebrities’ again but fails at the voice of Tony – again!
- 27:00 — Where is the Head of Pertwee?
- 27:26 — The Head on Tour – Daleks’ Masterplan.
- 28:35 — The Fan Olympiads.
- 32:54 — Space Mountain – one and two. And Tony’s toilet ‘meeting’ with Nick Courtney. Oopsies.
- 36:28 — Klokleda partha mennin klatch….
- 37:10 — The Tavern – and another embarrassing moment for Tony… Sorry, Barry and Terrance…
- 40:27 — Manopticon. Yup, you guessed it, yet ANOTHER embarrassing moment for Tony.
Okay, it’s safe to come back now…
- 43:43 – Things Danes Like – Part Two.
- 45:00 – MMO – City Of Heroes/ City of Villains.
- 53:33 — A quick moment about Second Life….
- 55:50 — Mister. D. Bringer-15, Chisel-0
- 62:21 – Letters – and, whats this? a CD? What the..?
- 66:04 – Goodbyeeeeeeee!
- 66:15 — End theme, credits, disclaimer etc. Oh, and Exo-Space.
Tony Gallichan of Staggering Stories muses, nay rants, about the state of Jersey and has several run ins with Virgin Media.
hmm, well, I’m none to happy with podcast three – uploaded to the site, hopefully this Sunday evening. There’s far too much me in it. All down to the subject matter, alas, as I ended up going into full on reminisc…reminis…..I remember when mode…Poor old Adam and Crumbly had to put up with me waffling for ages…..
I also slightly screwed up the sound edit by over compressing slightly and so some of the loud bits are loud, alas…however, it’s passable.
We recorded far too much this time around so there will be a second podcast in a fortnight……
Those that cannot figure out how to even set the category of their posts shall not be allowed to make rules!